The mission of ABC Animal Hospital is to excel in the fields of veterinary medicine and surgery by providing a high-quality standard of patient care, and outstanding programs of client education, preventative health, and animal adoption, so that the community may benefit. To fulfill its mission, the hospital must:
1. Provide effective, efficient and sympathetic clinical care to out-patients and hospitalized patients with diverse medical/surgical problems.
2. Operate a clinical and surgical facility in a fiscally prudent manner, in such a way as to produce a break-even or, preferably, surplus position so as to ensure an environment in which patient care is sustained at a level of excellence.
3. Conduct, maintain and participate in various continuing-education programs at the professional, technical, and community levels.
4. Recruit and maintain a highly skilled professional staff dedicated to clinical and surgical care.
5. Promote open channels of communication between professional staff, management, and other hospital employees, so as to foster an environment which is attentive to the needs of patient and client.
6. Participate in various fund-raising programs which will promote the prevention of cruelty to animals and support the medical treatment (and subsequent adoption) of the local stray animal population.
7. Maintain mutually beneficial affiliations with local and referral medical institutions, in order to establish a network of care to best meet a full spectrum of patient and client needs.
8. Recognize the importance of the human-animal bond, and use it as a foundation for empathic veterinary care.